South West – East Devon
Applications will only be considered from experienced candidates with a proven track record.
Established in 1902 East Devon Golf Club is a traditional yet forward-looking members club. At the western end of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty the Harry Colt course enjoys spectacular scenery and commands some of the best views in golf.
The Club seeks to appoint an experienced golf club secretary to work closely with the Board in implementing the Club’s progressive Business Plan.
The management of all day to day operations of the club in line with Board policy and directives.
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of all aspects of Golf Club Management;
- excellent leadership, inspirational and people/team management skills;
- proactive and unerring focus on delivering projects on time and with an eye for detail;
- excellent communication (written & verbal) and inter-personal skills;
- strong administrative and IT skills including a sound understanding of social media channels;
- robust financial, commercial and budgeting skills;
- experience and proficiency in business development and marketing;
- a sound knowledge of the game and its traditions;
- a strong understanding of current employment, health & safety, environmental and food hygiene legislation;
- knowledge of bar and catering operations;
- ability to interact with the various committees within the Club’s structure and the Club’s Professional.
Application process: All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
To apply: candidates should submit a written application, including a comprehensive CV and details of your current remuneration package to: The Captain and Chairman, East Devon Golf Club, Links Road, Budleigh Salterton, Devon, EX9 6DG