The General Manager will act as a key point of contact for all members, guests and prospective members ensuring they all enjoy a club, course and environs presented to the highest standards. He/she will ensure regular and effective 2-way communication with members and foster strong member relationships.
The General manager will oversee all club operations, leading the executive management of NHGC and its related entities, including:
- Course Manager and green keeping team; House Manager and Bar and Catering teams; and Administration team;
- All 3rd party contractors, including the Club’s relationship with the Professional, as necessary;
- Maintaining a good relationship with the Club’s landlord, the Calthorpe Estate
The General manager will be responsible for a clear organisational structure, including detailed descriptions of staff responsibilities and accountabilities.
He/she will be responsible for the smooth operation of the club and its facilities, including the following:
- delivery of well organised and controlled diary, matches and events;
- delivery of warm and effective management of events and associated hospitality;
- delivery of society revenues in accordance with agreed plans and budgets;
- delivery of budgeted food and beverage margins and profits;
- development of staff competencies and capabilities through coaching, mentoring, regular staff reviews and ongoing feedback;
- maintenance of all key supplier relationships;
- negotiation of key contracts to deliver appropriate levels of quality and cost competitiveness;
- management of club development and maintenance projects;
- maintenance of a secure and reliable IT platform;
- maintenance of accurate and timely financial records and analysis;
- preparation of annual and monthly budgets for all areas of operation;
- maintenance of thorough and regularly updated 5 year business plan incorporating financial projections and capital expenditure
- analysis of membership and course usage;
- maintenance of all necessary club records and archives;
- fulfil the role of Company Secretary and ensure compliance with all regulation and law, including Health & Safety, Employees, Companies Act, etc;
- attend committee meetings as secretary, distribute accurate and timely minutes of meetings and ensure the timely follow up of all agreed action points.
- the ability to lead, manage and motivate a cohesive team to deliver outstanding member satisfaction supported by an appropriate balance of 3rd party golfing and hospitality profits
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- a good understanding of golf, golf club operations and management of golfing events
- the ability to communicate effectively with and provide appropriate advice to the club’s committees and office holders
- strong business and financial management skills, including management of F&B operations.
- We will offer a very competitive compensation package, in line with GCMA recommendations, to the successful candidate who will be required to work on a flexible basis, including weekends. There may be suitable accommodation available.
To apply please submit, no later than Friday 4th August 2017, an email with a cover letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.