Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club was founded in 1906, and has played host to the Ryder Cup twice in 1933 & 1937, the British Amateur, the British Ladies Open, and has been a British Open Championship final qualifying course. The Club features an 18-hole championship golf course designed by James Braid, and is ranked as a UK top 50 golf course.
DPSM Consultants has been exclusively appointed to search for a General Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven management experience and commercial acumen to ensure the smooth running of the golf club for the benefit of members and visitors.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- To organise and manage the affairs of S&AGC in accordance with the policies and procedures set out by the S&AGC Board of Directors.
- Motivating and managing the senior management team at the Club.
- To implement satisfactorily the decisions reached by the S&AGC Board of Directors.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Managing media and other external communication whilst providing support for the Club’s marketing strategy.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record of providing service excellence to members and visitors
- Proven management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Strong IT skills
- First class communication, leadership, motivation and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for golf.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
Remuneration: An attractive package commensurate with experience is on offer. There is a relocation package available with the role to assist with candidates coming from outside a commutable distance.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
DPSM Consultants is a golf industry specialist search firm, focused on Club Management appointments throughout the EMEA region. For more information please visit www.dpsmconsultants.com
Application deadline: Wednesday 31st May 2017