Sutton Coldfield Golf Club is one of the oldest and finest heathland golf courses in the UK. Established in 1889, the club moved to its current site in Sutton Park two years later and then altered by the legendary Dr Alistair MacKenzie after the Great War which is essentially the layout as we know it today.
The Club has a strong and eclectic membership, the course is a pleasure to play and offers 12 months of dramatically varying seasonal golf and the clubhouse is well presented with excellent bar and catering facilities where members and guests are made to feel at home.
The Club is seeking to recruit a competent and experienced Club Manager, to manage the day to day operations and contribute to the Club’s vision for the future, who can demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Executive responsibility for the day to day management, administration and operation of the Club within the parameters of an annual business plan and approved budget;
- The provision of facilities and services to Members, societies and visitors consistent with the standards, policies, procedures and ethos of a traditional private members’ golf Club.
- The management of all Club staff, with the exception of the Course Manager who reports directly to the Chairman of Greens;
- The finance and accounting function, including cash control and the development of budgets and long term financial plans – in conjunction with the Chairman/Club Accountant/Treasurer;
- Pro-active communication, internally and externally, aimed to maintain member retention, drive member recruitment and other visitor revenue through a sales & marketing strategy;
- The security and maintenance of the Club’s premises, assets and golf course;
- The cost effective and efficient management of all clubhouse facilities, including bar and catering operations and services provided by the Club Professional and his staff;
- Health, Safety, Environment and all other legal and regulatory matters.
- Excellent management skills including strong leadership, diplomacy and communication skills with the proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a multi-skilled and multi-functional team;
- An appreciation of golf and a respect for its etiquette and traditions within a members’ club;
- Business acumen and financial literacy including the ability to manage budgets, interpret and act upon trends and present financial reports in a concise manner;
- Computer literacy relevant to the effective operation of a golf club; a working knowledge of ‘Intelligent Golf – membership management and EPOS software’ would be advantageous.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of employment law and health, safety and environmental legislation;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and attend high profile functions, to ensure the smooth running of the Club.
- The remuneration package will be in line with GCMA Guidelines and will commensurate with the successful candidate’s level of responsibility and experience.
To apply, candidates should send a covering letter highlighting their relevant experience and motivation for the role, an up-to-date CV, details of current remuneration and of ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com
or Mob: +44 (0) 7764 682018
* ONLY successful applicants will be contacted. Application deadline: Friday 29th September 2017