A rare opportunity has arisen to join a high end private members golf club in the heart of Surrey. Tyrrells Wood Golf Club has a magnificent James Braid designed course and an outstanding clubhouse. The Club is in a strong financial position, looking to move forward to the next stage of its development plan, making this vacancy an attractive proposition for the right candidate.
The Club is looking to appoint a dynamic, forward thinking, innovative and highly qualified individual, committed to continuous development and operation of the Club, to take it forward in line with the demands of managing a golf club in the current environment.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A high level of customer satisfaction and the smooth running of a golf club and all its facilities;
- An outstanding ability to communicate both internally and externally, and relate to people of all backgrounds;
- The ability to lead, manage and motivate a management team of senior professionals in their field;
- Responsibility for the Club’s finances and compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations and best practice, including Health and Safety;
- Experience in managing a diverse food and beverage operation;
- Pro-active commercial management to drive member recruitment, visitor revenue and other business opportunities;
- Management of capital projects including full maintenance of our Grade II listed clubhouse;
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomics and course presentation;
- Strong leadership qualities with proven management, organisational and administrative skills and good knowledge of IT systems;
- The highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy along with gravitas, common sense and good sense of humour;
- Appreciation of golf together with the traditions & ethos of a private members’ club;
- Certified Club Manager (CCM) or Leisure Management qualification is desirable.
Remuneration: An attractive and competitive package, commensurate with experience at an 18 hole course in the South-East, is on offer. There is No Club accommodation available with the role.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Application deadline: Friday 18th August 2017