Aberdovey Golf Club, formed in 1892 and one of the oldest clubs in Wales, has a proud heritage of providing championship links golf and prides its reputation of being one of the friendliest golf clubs in Wales. One of its more famous visitors – Bernard Darwin – stated that “Aberdovey is the course that my soul loves best of all the courses in the World”.
Operating at an executive level and in accordance with the policies determined by the Executive Committee, the new Club Manager will manage all aspects of club business in a highly efficient and effective manner, providing service excellence and meeting the expectations of members, visitors and staff.
With a track record of achievement, you will bring innovative thinking, entrepreneurial flair and a keen sense of business acumen to the role. You will work with a modern and progressive Executive Committee that will be supportive and welcoming.
Aberdovey is a great place to live and work and the region has much to offer.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Well organized and efficient management of administrative and golfing activities.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- Working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- A CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 3rd May 2019