We are a 7 day-a-week operation and the General Manager will be required to work on a flexible basis, to suit the activities of the club. This role has responsibility for overall management of the club, developing budgets and managing all club staff and activities. Reports to the Chairman of the General Committee and is accountable to the General Committee comprised of elected members.
Our current General Manager is stepping away from club management in the summer and we are now looking for a GM who is a high energy individual who, together with the General Committee, will drive the club forward to make it a sustainable, successful local business and ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the golf club during this post Covid era.
- Managerial experience from a golf club environment
- Commercial understanding of running a business.
- Effective management of staff and leading the team by example.
- Pro-active in customer and member-facing operations
- Flexible approach to carry out the duties required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of golf management software, social media and general Office packages.
- Sound management understanding of greenkeeping priorities including machinery requirements and staffing levels.
- Experience of leading an F&B team for routine daily service and for club / private events.
- Knowledge of the game of Golf.
A competitive salary and package, commensurate with experience and skills. There is no club accommodation available with this role.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration & ability to relocate if necessary.
Application deadline: Friday 2nd July 2021