Bedfordshire Golf Club
The Club is owned and managed by the members and surpluses are reinvested in the Club to enhance the facilities. It is recognised locally as being a club where the quality of the golfing experience genuinely improves each year.
The Club intends to continue to improve the golfing and social experience it offers to members and visitors and to become the area’s golfing destination of choice.
For more information about Bedfordshire Golf Club visit our website at: www.bedfordshiregolf.com
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing and providing day-to-day direction in all aspects of management of the Club’s facilities and staff. This will involve, specifically, commercial development, sales and marketing, golf coaching and golf shop, hospitality and events for members and visitors, financial accounts and human resources as well as maintenance of the courses. The General Manager will work in conjunction with the Management Board (the ‘Board’) to develop the Club’s strategic direction and, particularly, to drive income growth of the Club’s non-golf hospitality and events facilities.
- People focused – A leader, capable organiser, motivator and team-builder with a positive attitude.
- Business acumen – A decisive manager who is results-orientated, and who plans and sets priorities and is willing and able to deliver change and growth in a commercial environment.
- A ‘can do’, results-focused attitude.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Customer-focused and approachable.
- Good time management.
- An effective communicator and a good listener.
- Attention to detail particularly concerning the general maintenance standard of the Club facilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commercial and financial acumen, a good knowledge of sound business practices and basic accounting skills.
- An appreciation of the game of golf, golf professional and retail activities and golf events are managed and how a sports club applies its Rules & Regulations to those playing golf.
- Relevant experience in the leisure, event management, hospitality or tourism sectors.
- Proven ability to achieve objectives set in a changing, cost sensitive environment.
- Competent in the use of relevant IT and management information systems.
- Team-orientated interpersonal skills and an ability to manage the demands of members and visitors.
- The capacity to manage own time effectively in a busy environment.
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this profile. Relocation assistance considered for the ideal candidate.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 18th September 2020