Looking towards its centenary, the club has recently embarked on a multi-million-pound investment programme into course and clubhouse. With a full membership, the club is looking to build on its reputation as one of the finest facilities in the area by rebuilding the clubhouse, restoring the superb 18-hole parkland course, improving the already extensive practice facilities and developing the enthusiastic and friendly membership.
Operating at an executive level and in accordance with the policies determined by the Board of Directors, the new General Manager will manage all aspects of club business in a highly efficient and effective manner, providing service excellence and meeting the expectations of members, guests and staff.
With a track record of achievement, you will bring innovative thinking, entrepreneurial flair and a keen sense of business acumen to the role. You will work with a modern and progressive Board of Directors and Legacy Golf Advisors who will both be supportive and welcoming, so the role could be suitable for an ambitious Deputy looking for their first General Managers’ position.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Well organized and efficient management of administrative and golfing activities.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- Working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration.
- A competent understanding of golf course maintenance processes and procedures.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- A CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile. No accommodation but relocation assistance could be provided, if required.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Application deadline: Friday 8th October 2021