Royal Aberdeen Golf Club, founded in 1780, is the 6th oldest golf club in the world and plays golf over the magnificent Balgownie Links. This championship links has hosted many prestigious events – 2014 Scottish Open, 2011 Walker Cup, 2005 Senior Open – and in 2018 the Club will host the Amateur Championship.
Operating at an executive level and in accordance with the policies determined by the Club Council, the new General Manager will manage all aspects of club business in a highly efficient and effective manner, providing service excellence and meeting the expectations of members, visitors and staff.
With a track record of achievement, you will bring innovative thinking, entrepreneurial flair and a keen sense of business acumen to the role. You will work with a modern and progressive Club Council that will be supportive and welcoming.
Aberdeen is a great place to live and work and the region has much to offer.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Well organized and efficient management of administrative and golfing activities.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- Working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- A CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile. Relocation assistance could be provided, if required.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 22nd June 2018