The Club wishes to appoint a forward thinking, experienced and highly qualified individual to help develop several exciting initiatives and developments that will help the Club to achieve its considerable potential as one of the best golf courses in South East Wales.
With full accountability for the operations of the Club, the successful candidate will work closely with the General Committee and a vibrant and active membership, highly motivated professionals, thriving academies and an extensive social calendar. The successful candidate will show strong management and interpersonal skills when dealing with direct reports, members and Club officials. He/She will be financially skilled and capable of proactively driving the commercial operations for the benefit of the membership.
Personal Skills & Characteristics
- Ability to lead and motivate a cohesive team, delivering outstanding service to members and visitors;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both internally and externally, and to relate to people of all backgrounds and age;
- Proactive commercial approach to drive green fee, events and third-party revenues whilst underpinning a superior member experience;
- Strong business and financial management skills, to include financial planning and forecasting, income and expenditure accounts and balance sheet presentations and knowledge of SAGE accounting would also be beneficial.
- A good understanding of food and beverage operations;
- An understanding of all applicable legislation, regulations and best practice, in particular relating to employment law and health and safety.
- Effective and proven management, organisational and administrative skills and a sound knowledge of IT systems;
- The highest possible standards of integrity, diplomacy and common sense.
- A thorough understanding of golf and its rules together with the traditions and ethos of a private members club;
- A willingness to work irregular and long hours and live within commuting distance of the Club.
The club will offer a competitive package commensurate with the position and the experience and skills of the successful applicant. (This may include an on-site apartment, depending on requirement/availability). For more information, please visit our web-site: www.radyrgolf.co.uk
To apply, candidates should send a letter addressed to the Club Captain,Radyr Golf Club, Drysgol Road, Radyr, Cardiff CF15 8BS or email email@example.com highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and the relevant experience, together with an up to date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate, if necessary.
Closing date for applications: 8th June 2018