Delamere Forest Golf Club is a prestigious club situated in the heart of Cheshire and was proud to celebrate its’ centenary in 2010. Work has recently taken place to restore the course to the heathland state originally designed by Herbert Fowler. Over the years the Club have hosted numerous County and National events like the Logan Trophy. Playable all year-round, the course is a challenging test of golf, boasting excellent greens and is well deserving of its’ ranking of number 2 in Cheshire, and number 44 in England with Todays Golfer.
The Secretary is expected to manage the day to day affairs of the club and is responsible to the Chairman of the Board for the proper and efficient management of the club in accordance with the Club Rules and policies determined by the Board. He/she will liaise with the Assistant Secretary, Course Manager, House Manager and Professional with respect to club activities.
The successful candidate should have a strong track record in either golf club management or a similar role in a comparable organisation. He/she should have an appreciation of the importance of history, traditions and the ethos at a private members club, whilst also looking to embrace future opportunities.
- Strong leadership with good interpersonal and people management skills.
- High level of IT literacy and communication skills, including all social media
- Sound financial and commercial acumen
- Knowledge of employment laws and H &S legislation
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position.
- Strong integrity.
- Marketing skills would be an advantage.
- Sense of humour
- The post holder is required to hold a valid driving licence and have reliable transport available for occasional business use.
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Monday 13th May 2019