We are respected as one of the best golf courses in the region, hosting national and regional PGA events. With exciting course and clubhouse improvements planned in the near future, East Herts Golf Club takes pride in its status and continuously strives to offer a great golfing experience to our members and visitors alike.
The club is seeking to appoint a successor to the present General Manager who is retiring.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the management of the club and golf course in accordance with the policies determined by the Board and will report directly to the Board of Management.
Applicants should possess and be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proven management, leadership and administration skills in a customer led environment.
- A proactive commercial approach to attract new members whilst retaining existing ones and maximise all income streams.
- Previous experience of the hospitality industry, including the sale of food and beverage.
- A personable and approachable demeanour combined with strong diplomacy and motivation skills.
- The ability to display business acumen, communication and marketing with an understanding of financial and budgetary control as well as having good IT and social media skills.
- Knowledge and application of employment law, health and safety legislation and the relevant licensing and GDPR requirements.
- The willingness to work flexible hours as dictated by the nature of the job.
For more information, please visit our website: www.easthertsgolfclub.co.uk
A competitive salary is negotiable and will reflect the ability of the successful applicant and the importance that is placed on maintaining the club’s status and expectations. There is no accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – e: email@example.com or m: 07764 682018, no later than Monday 16th March 2020