Flempton Golf Club, established in 1895 and situated just outside Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, is a 9 hole private members golf club. It upholds the best traditions of the game whilst at the same time seeking to adapt to the changing world of golf. The club has reached an exciting point in its history with proposals for a significant investment in the course and its practice facilities.
It now seeks an outstanding individual with the necessary experience and qualifications to undertake overall responsibility for the day to day running of the club and to provide a level of service that meets the expectations of members, visitors and staff.
The person appointed will have a track record of achievement and will bring a keen sense of business acumen to the role. Familiarity with the development of business plans and their implementation is a prerequisite, as is a good working knowledge of property management and a flair for income generation. The scope for initiative is considerable and would be welcomed by a modern and progressive Club Council.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Well organized and efficient management of administrative and golfing activities.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- Working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- A CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage
Remuneration: The club is prepared to be flexible regarding the exact role of the club manager and the hours worked. The salary paid will reflect this and will be commensurate with the importance of this position to the club. On-site accommodation could be available with this role.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 6th March 2020