Position Title: Sales Manager
Company Name: Golf Genius Software
Position Start Date: January 1st, 2021
Founded in 2009, Golf Genius is the leading global provider of affordable, fully-featured cloud- based software for organising and managing golf events, leagues and trips.
Trusted by the USGA and operating in over 50 countries worldwide, the Golf Genius product has saved time and eliminated hassle for PGA professionals, amateur and professional associations, event organisers, league managers and trip captains, enabling them to deliver a greatly enhanced experience to millions of golfers every year. Golf Genius is utilised by more than 9,500 clubs and associations worldwide and was used to manage more than 20.5 million rounds across more than 500,000 events in the past 12 months.
Golf Genius powers golf event management in hundreds of clubs, tours and associations around the world, including England Golf, European Tour, The Grove, Trump International, Gleneagles, The Wisley, Prince’s, The Els Club, London Golf Club, Monte Rei, Abu Dhabi Golf Club, Celtic Manor, The Dutch, Castle Stuart, Archerfield, Castiglion del Bosco, Yas Links, Trump Turnberry, Jumeirah Golf Estates and many more.
Based in the UK, the successful candidate will take a lead role growing the UK / Ireland customer base for Golf Genius. This position will report to the Managing Director of Golf Genius Ltd.
We are seeking a highly motivated, target orientated sales person with a proven track record in both sales achievement. The role will involve direct selling in the UK / Ireland to a large base of clubs, resorts and event providers, as well as liaising with our existing sales and support engineers.
The ability to ‘perform to target’ as well ‘lead by example’ is what we are looking for in this role. Working from home with regular contact with the MD and the sales support team, you will need to be organised and able to self-start – happy to be measured on output.
Experience of the golf industry – preferably PGA qualified – with a proven record of sales performance is required and knowledge of the software environment would be an added bonus. The role is fast moving and ‘hands on’ – showing prospective customers why Golf Genius is the ‘Less Work. More Fun. More Revenue’ solution. Golf events, meetings, exhibitions and conferences are key environments to promote Golf Genius.
Responsibilities and priorities include, but are not limited to:
- Growing revenue via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing B2B clients [clubs, resorts, event providers etc.]
- Meeting Quarterly & Annual Revenue Targets
- Managing perspective client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle [using Pipedrive.com]
- Providing a consultative solutions sales process to prospects
- Conducting one-on-one/group sales presentations at golf events, conferences and exhibitions
- Online product demonstration via zoom etc
- Calling / telesales to establish new opportunities
- Tracking customer information, forecasts and reports
- Developing and maintaining prospect and customer list based on strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of golf industry experience – preferably with PGA Qualifications or similar
- 3+ years of sales experience focused on selling within the golf sector
- Experience selling On-Demand, SaaS (Software as a Service) solution or subscription based products a bonus
- Ability to adapt, overcome objections, and learn complex solutions
- Create new business opportunities through in-depth conversations and relationship building
- Proven track record of growing business from an established client base
- Consistent and documented track record for achieving target metrics
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with revenue deadlines
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office, etc.
- Preferably a PGA Member in Good Standing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Able and willing to travel as needed
- Genuine passion and “pride of ownership”, as if Golf Genius Software was your own company
- Personable and able to interact professionally with peers
- Ability to “follow up”- success is “doing what you say you are going to do”
- Ability to work from home and independently accomplish tasks
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the market leader on the next stage of its growth internationally as the golf industry consolidates under World Wide Handicapping in 2020.
Compensation / Benefits:
The position will enjoy flexibility and accountability in equal measure with the rewards of being in at the next stage of growth for Golf Genius.
- £40,000 to £50,000 to include salary and bonus
- Optional enrollment in pension plan with company contribution
- Travel expenses paid
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV and details of their current remuneration.
CV Deadline Date: Monday November 30th, 2020