Founded in 1935, the club boasts a superb 18 hole parkland course designed by Harry Colt, extensive practice facilities, a magnificent Grade II listed clubhouse and an enthusiastic and friendly membership. Its forward-looking Board of Directors now seek an ambitious, energetic individual to build on this platform and help propel the club into its next phase of development.
Reporting to the Chairman and working alongside a progressive Board of directors, the GM would be responsible for:
- Implementation of the club’s plans.
- Working with the Head Greenkeeper & Club Professional to deliver a high quality golfing environment to members and visitors.
- Managing the club’s extensive bar & catering facilities and driving income as an Events venue.
- Coaching, developing and managing staff.
- All aspects of membership retention and recruitment.
- The club’s IT facilities and development and maintenance of its website.
- Regulatory and legal requirements.
- Managing the Club’s financial controls and information systems.
The candidate must be ambitious, energetic, ready to learn and looking to build a career in the golf club industry. While experience in a golfing/hospitality environment would be an advantage, a positive, can-do spirit is essential. The candidate must possess:
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A passion for the game of golf and an understanding of a Golf Club environment and its operational needs.
- The commercial experience of running a business.
- Proven management experience in hospitality and catering, including events.
- Good knowledge of website content management and social media platforms.
- A full understanding of how to manage and get the best from business IT tools.
- An understanding of finance and familiarity with accounting reporting system.
For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.hammanor.co.uk
Remuneration Package: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 30th July 2021