The opportunity has arisen for the Club to invite applications for the position of Assistant Manager.
The Club’s profile demands that the successful applicant will be an effective communicator and will have well developed organisational and planning abilities plus have the following:
- Self-confidence, enthusiasm, discretion and diplomacy.
- Interpersonal skills; good with people and small teams.
- An enquiring mind and self-starting attitude.
- Smart appearance, reliable, trustworthy.
- An understanding of golf industry management systems.
- An aspiration to develop their career in golf club management.
Duties: Assist the general manager in the general running of the Club as outlined by, but not restricted to, the tasks below:
- Administration of club competitions, handicaps, events and matches including management of the Club’s tee booking system, posting of notices, draws and the ‘on the day’ administration of certain board competitions.
- Administer the membership recruitment process and be point of contact for new members from enquiry to membership interview.
- Manage and monitor the annual Club Diary, which requires liaison with representatives of the various sections within the Club and match team captains, societies and visitors regarding bookings for golf, meetings, functions and other events ensuring that specific timed actions required in connection with these are dealt with or brought to the general manager’s attention, as necessary.
- Administer all the arrangements with all visiting society and member group bookings within the parameters set by the Committee including enquiries, bookings, allocating tee times, catering arrangements and subsequent correspondence. Ensuring that all correspondence is accurate and up to date and that all club requirements have been met before the event takes place.
- Authorise society/group bookings ensuring that all arrangements are in place, staff are aware of their needs and that participants receive a warm and friendly Club welcome.
- Oversee that bar and catering operations, ensuring that service levels and member satisfaction KPIs are met. Monitor staff rota’s, stock takes and regular price reviews.
- Dealing with member and general enquiries in person or by telephone and acting as a filter for the Membership/Marketing officer who has responsibility for new membership.
- Attend meetings, with the general manager, as minute taker and prepare the draft minutes for approval. Prepare papers for, and active participation in the weekly Dept. Heads meeting.
- Manage the club website and social media presence.
- Organising the regular maintenance (and repair when necessary) of the Clubhouse
- Maintain such Membership records / files as needed for the efficient running of the Club.
- Deputise for the general manager, in his absence, and undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by him.
The successful candidate will be able to display the following attributes which will be considered essential for this appointment:
- Capability: Ability to work in a calm and controlled manner in a busy environment.
- Initiative: Ability to take the lead and to operate without supervision
- Diplomacy: Ability to work in an environment where manners and respect are paramount.
- Planning: Ability to plan and schedule work to maximise efficiency.
Salary: The salary will be negotiable but commensurate with the position and the overall package will include a share in staff fund distributed twice yearly after a qualifying period, a pension fund and meals on duty.
Accommodation: An onsite two bedroom apartment is available.
Hours: Standard hours will be Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm but flexibility and the willingness to do irregular hours with weekends work and early evening meetings as and when required is essential. There is a standard 1⁄2 hour (unpaid) break for lunch which is provided free of charge.
Holidays: 4 weeks plus 8 Statutory Days.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.