Highgate Golf Club, the closest 18 hole course to central London, situated very close to Hampstead Heath is one of golf in the city’s best kept secrets. The idyllic and tranquil surroundings along with an inspiring and undulating course make Highgate one of the best private members’ golf clubs in London.
The opportunity has arisen for the Club to invite applications for the position of General Manager.
- Full responsibility for the day to day management of the Club for the benefit of the Members, their guests and visitors, reporting to the Chairman and the Committee;
- Advising on, initiating and implementing Club policies together with overall responsibility for the Club’s finances and compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations and best practice;
- Liaising with the Course Manager, Clubhouse Manager and Club Professional and other departmental heads in relation to their areas of responsibility but with overall accountability for the course, the bar and all catering;
- Pro-active communication, both internally and externally, to drive member recruitment and other visitor revenue through a dynamic sales & marketing strategy.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties including other clubs, visiting societies, golf authorities and associations;
- Ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and the smooth running of the Club and all its facilities throughout the golfing year.
- Likely to have a background in senior management, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an outstanding ability to communicate and relate to people of all backgrounds; with a real appreciation of golf and its traditions within the ethos of a private members club;
- He or she will have proven management, organisational and administrative skills, likely to have been honed in a complex and high-profile organisation and be financially literate with good IT skills;
- The highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy will be expected as will presence, common sense, industry and good sense of humour;
- Candidates should be keen and reasonably proficient golfers, be prepared to work irregular and long hours and live within commuting distance of Highgate;
- Whilst a knowledge of golf club management may be an advantage, the Club welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons, whatever their career to date.
For more information, please visit the Club web-site: www.highgategc.co.uk
- A competitive package commensurate with experience and club location is on offer. There is no accommodation available with this post.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration, notice period and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07764 682018
Application deadline: Monday 28th May 2018