Founded in 1889, Kenilworth Golf Club is one of the oldest golf clubs in Warwickshire and is famous for its friendliness and hospitality as well as having one of the best golf courses in the area. Considerable investment has been made and continues to be made to improve and enhance the course’s natural features and it is often open when others are closed thanks to our extensive investment in drainage. There is a thriving membership offering both competitive and social golf.
The Club Manager is responsible to the Management Committee for the management and administration of the golf club in accordance with its annual budgets, ongoing business plan and objectives. Working closely with the Chairman, the Club Manager will lead the general office staff, Course Manager and Food & Beverage Manager, whilst also liaising with the Club Professional to ensure all areas of the club function smoothly and effectively; this is a full-time position.
Personal Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong and proactive leader with proven management, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills;
- Financial literacy, proven experience in financial management and control systems, including the development of budgets and the preparation of monthly accounts;
- Pro-active commercial management to manage member recruitment, visitor revenue and other business opportunities;
- Demonstrate an outstanding ability to communicate both internally and externally, and relate to people of all backgrounds;
- Strong general IT skills with an understanding of golf industry management systems, particularly Intelligent Golf and Sage 50 Accounts;
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomics and course presentation;
- Ability to command respect and offer the highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy along with gravitas, common sense and good sense of humour;
- Appreciation of the game of golf and its rules together with the traditions & ethos of a private members’ club;
- A professional manner with an outgoing, focused style who will always strive to create the best member and guest experience in a professional manner;
- An accommodating approach and commitment to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Remuneration: The remuneration package will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s level of responsibility and experience and will recognise GCMA Guidelines.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Monday 21st May 2018