Responsible to: General Manager
Duties: Assist the General Manager in the general running of the Club as outlined by, but not restricted to the tasks below:
- Manage and monitor the annual Club Diary, which requires liaison with representatives of the various sections within the Club and match team captains, societies and visitors regarding bookings for golf, meetings, functions and other events ensuring that specific timed actions required in connection with these are dealt with or brought to the Secretary’s attention, as necessary.
- Oversee that bar and catering operations, ensuring that rota’s are in-line with agreed levels, overtime / casual labour is approved in advance, stock takes and regular price reviews are being carried out.
- Administer all the arrangements with all visiting society and member group bookings within the parameters set by the Committee including enquiries, bookings, allocating tee times, catering arrangements and subsequent correspondence. Ensuring that all correspondence is accurate and up to date and that all club requirements have been met before the event takes place.
- Authorise society/group bookings ensuring that all arrangements are in place, staff are aware of their needs and that participants receive a warm and friendly Club welcome.
- Dealing with member and general enquiries in person or by telephone and acting as a filter for the Membership/Marketing officer who has responsibility for new membership.
- Attend meetings, with the Secretary, as minute taker and prepare the draft minutes for approval. Prepare papers for, and active participation in the weekly Dept. Heads meeting.
- Administration of club competitions, events and matches including management of the Club’s tee booking system, posting of notices, draws and the ‘on the day’ administration of certain board competitions.
- Organising the regular maintenance (and repair when necessary) of the Clubhouse
- Maintain such Membership records / files as needed for the efficient running of the Club.
- Deputise for the Secretary, in his absence, and undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by him.
Salary: The salary will be negotiable but commensurate with the position and the overall package will include: share in staff fund distributed annually, pension fund, meals on duty.
Hours: Standard hours will be Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm with some weekend work in support of major Club events and occasional early evening meetings. There is a standard 1 hour (unpaid) break for lunch which is provided free of charge.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Application deadline: Monday 26th October 2020