Founded in 1892, Mortonhall Golf Club is the oldest course in Edinburgh over which golf is still played. The Course is a superb championship test and boasts unrivalled, scenic views across Edinburgh, the Firth of Forth and the Pentland Hills. The course, originally designed by Willie Park Junior, J H Taylor and James Braid was updated by Fred Hawtree in the 1970’s and is in the process of completing a significant renovation undertaken by renowned golf architects, Mackenzie & Ebert.
This long-established and prestigious private members’ club is seeking a highly motivated Chief Executive Officer with proven management experience and commercial acumen to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the Club’s operational activity, achieving first class service, financial stability and long-term success for the Club.
The club is in the process of completing a comprehensive strategic review and this role will be integral in developing and implementing the priority actions.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Report to Council delivering quality management across all aspects of club activity.
- Develop, implement, deliver and monitor progress of MGC’s strategy, providing active support to Council in ensuring the strategy is current, relevant and ambitious for the future.
- Lead, manage and develop the senior management team and their people, ensuring collective and individual adherence to MGC’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Lead and oversee all day-to-day operations of MGC, ensuring first-class service to members and visitors.
- Ensure full compliance and best practice in all areas of MGC systems and processes.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Leadership – motivator, team builder, coaching and mentoring style
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to foster relationships with the members and guests, with co- workers and other employees
- Understanding of how the operation of each of the following areas can impact on the golf business: member functions/events, club administration, course maintenance and Bar and Catering.
- Sound knowledge of budgets, services, and equipment relating to golf facilities
- An understanding of golf and its traditions and a willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position.
- IT literate with experience of relevant software applications and computerised accounts, management systems/data storage and handicap/tee time systems.
- Ability to write and present business reports.
- Business acumen – decisive, with an ability to analyse, plan and implement prioritized change,
- An ability to manage and drive change programmes
- Excellent communicator, effective negotiator, strong presentation skills, good attention to detail, uses initiative, confident and prepared to challenge, energetic.
Remuneration: A highly attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile.
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Application deadline: Friday 6th December 2019