The North Berwick Golf Club, founded in 1832, stands proudly behind the 18th green of its internationally renowned, championship West Links course and offers members and visitors a truly memorable golf experience, together with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the Clubhouse.
In conjunction with the General Manager, you will be responsible for the supervision of personnel assigned to work in the golf services team – Starters, Course Rangers, Attendants, Bookings Office and Caddy Operation. You will also oversee the “Wee Course” and work very closely with the Head Professional to ensure a “best in class” visitor experience.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in the smooth running of a golf operation and its facilities delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills and the ability to communicate with members, visitors and third parties.
- Ability to review and develop standard operating procedures for each area of Golf Operations to ensure continued service excellence.
- The importance to be a highly visible, enthusiastic, polite and approachable people person, with the ability to develop rapport and build relationships with a varied range of members, their guests, visitors and staff members.
- Strong & diplomatic leadership qualities with proven management, exceptional organisational and administrative skills with a good knowledge of MIS systems – such as Club V1 or Intelligent Golf.
- Attention to detail with proven administrative, planning and rostering experience
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomics and course presentation.
- The highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy along with common sense and a good sense of humour.
For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.northberwickgolfclub.com
A competitive salary + benefits package commensurate with the experience & skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role.
To apply candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration, and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please email your application to Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 5th July 2019