An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a new Club Manager at Northants County Golf Club, which boasts an outstanding Harry Colt designed championship heathland course (within the top 100 courses in England), an attractive clubhouse and impressive practice facilities.
The Club wishes to appoint a forward thinking and highly qualified individual to work closely with our Management Committee and help develop further a wide range of successful initiatives and achievements.The successful candidate will show strong management and interpersonal skills when dealing with direct reports, members and Club officers. He/she will be financially skilled and capable of proactively driving commercial operations for the benefit of the membership.
Personal Skills & Characteristics
- Ability to lead and motivate a cohesive team, delivering outstanding service to members and to visitors;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both internally and externally, and relate to people of all backgrounds;
- Pro-active commercial approach to drive member recruitment, visitor revenue and other business opportunities;
- Strong business and financial management skills, including management of F&B operations;
- An understanding of applicable legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomics and course presentation;
- Effective and proven management, organisational and administrative skills and sound knowledge of IT systems;
- The highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy along with gravitas, common sense and humour;
- Appreciation of golf and its rules together with the traditions & ethos of a private members club;
- A willingness to work irregular and long hours and live within commuting distance of the Club.
For more information, please visit our web-site: www.countygolfclub.org
- A competitive salary & benefits package, commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant together with the status of the Club. This may include an on-site, fully refurbished 2-bedroom cottage.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate, if necessary.
Please e-mail your application to Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or contact 07764 682018, by Friday 16th March.