The role of General Manager is a highly visible one and a key link between the Management Committee of the Club and its day-to-day operations. He/she must ensure all decisions, activities and overall management meet the strategic vision and unique ethos of the Club.
A critical element of the role is maintaining a welcoming, member focused experience that runs throughout every section of the Club, in particular the on-course experience and hospitality offered to members and their guests.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A deep appreciation of golf as a sport and the culture, values, traditions and expectations of a members’ club.
- Experience of managing and leading significant systemic change involving operations, systems and people, within a committee-based organisation.
- Network of contacts across the golfing spectrum and experience of marketing, promotion, business development and the ability to drive and grow multiple revenue streams.
- CMAE MDP qualification and willing to undertake continuous development to remain at the leading edge of Club leadership and management.
- Excellent IT skills Knowledge of website content management and use of social media.
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position.
For more information, please visit our website: www.pollokgolf.com
A competitive salary & benefits package will be offered to reflect the importance of this position. There is accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – e: firstname.lastname@example.org or m: 07764 682018, no later than Friday 13th September 2019