An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, self-motivated and forward-thinking individual to develop their career as the new Secretary/Manager at Royal Eastbourne Golf Club.
Founded in 1887, ‘The Royal’, as it is often called by those who know it best, is a traditional members’ club situated in the lee of the South Downs. Comprising 27 holes of challenging golf, the club caters for all levels of handicap and is maintained to the very highest of standards. Built on chalk-based terrain, the club seldom witnesses course closure.
The Secretary/Manager is responsible to the Board of Directors for the management and administration of the golf club in accordance with its annual budgets, ongoing business plan and objectives. Working closely with the Board Chair, the Secretary/Manager will have the lead role with the other senior club function heads, comprising the Professional, Course Manager and Operations Manager, to ensure all areas of the club function smoothly and effectively; this is a full-time position.
Personal Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong and proactive leader with proven management, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills together with a good knowledge of statutory local government and employment regulations;
- Financial literacy, proven experience in financial management and control systems, including the development of budgets and the preparation of monthly accounts;
- Pro-active commercial management to manage member recruitment, visitor revenue and other business opportunities,
- Demonstrate an outstanding ability to communicate both internally and externally, and relate to people of all backgrounds;
- Strong general IT skills with an understanding of golf industry management systems, particularly Intelligent Golf and Sage 50 Accounts;
- Sound working knowledge of basic agronomics and course presentation;
- Ability to command respect and offer the highest possible standards of integrity and diplomacy along with gravitas, common sense and good sense of humour;
- Appreciation of golf and its rules together with the traditions & ethos of a private members’ club;
- A professional manner with an outgoing, focused style who will always strive to create the best member and guest experience in a professional manner;
- An accommodating approach and commitment to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Remuneration: The remuneration package will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s level of responsibility and experience and in line with GCMA Guidelines.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Wednesday 28th February 2018