The club enjoys a global reputation as one of the top golfing experiences in providing a truly memorable golf course with a welcoming and friendly clubhouse atmosphere. Royal Porthcawl is seeking a highly motivated, business-focused club secretary who has the ability to continue to build the global reputation of the club.
- Overseeing the management and operation of the club in accordance with the policies determined by the committee.
- Managing the preparation & development of budgets and financial plans
- Managing the preparation and implementation of a strategic marketing plan
- Motivating & leading a team of staff at all levels to achieve club objectives.
- Proactively promoting a convivial friendly atmosphere in the clubhouse, and to ensure a memorable experience.
- Maintaining good relations with national and international golfing bodies
- Proven management skills at an operational & strategic level
- Passion for maintaining service excellence standards to members and visitors
- Proven financial skills, and knowledge of Sage accounting systems
- Basic knowledge of agronomy, and course presentation.
- Excellent relationship-building skills internally and externally.
- Confidence, resilience & focus to implement agreed plans
- Strategic & marketing capability to achieve the green fee, catering, dormy and membership objectives.
Please apply with a CV, current remuneration details and a supporting letter highlighting why you would be able to make a success of the role. Applications should be e-mailed to The Captain at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Friday 18th May 2018.