Royal Portrush Golf Club, founded in 1888, enjoys a global reputation as one of the
top golfing experiences for any golfer and will host The Open in 2019. This long-
established and prestigious private members’ club is seeking a highly motivated
individual with proven management experience and commercial acumen to develop
and enhance the Club facilities for Members and Visitors.
The Club now invites applications for the position of General Manager.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club, reporting to the Captain &
- Developing, with the Captain & Council, long-term strategic plans for the Club.
- Motivating and leading direct reports to achieve the Club objectives.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and
development of budgets and financial plans.
- Ensuring the Club’s service offerings, facilities are presented to the highest
defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with third parties.
- Health and safety and other legal and regulatory matters.
- Managing media and other external communications.
- Providing support for the Club’s marketing strategy
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record of providing service excellence to members and visitors.
- Proven management and administrative experience of a highly effective team.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills
- An impeccable career path exhibiting a focus on the highest standards of
operation and attention to detail
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Flexible approach to working hours including weekends with the ability to work
A competitive package commensurate with experience is on offer to attract highly
qualified candidates, who are seeking to embrace a high profile role.
A full job description and personnel specification is available from
email@example.com. To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting
their motivation for the role and your ability to relocate, plus an up-to-date CV
specifically detailing your relevant skills and experiences as per the Personnel
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th May
Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018