The ideal candidate will have a background in a high-quality members environment and have great levels of self-motivation and initiative. He/She will control the day-to-day running of the house, the beverage and catering operation, including the Club bar and dining room.
You will need to be an energetic team leader, have a lively, out-going personality and excellent man- management skills. You will have previous similar experience, good communication skills and an understanding of financial realities of running a small business division. Most importantly, you need to have a genuine passion for hospitality and customer service with a ‘hands on’ approach.
The role’s key accountabilities are:
- To achieve outstanding standard of service and train the team to reach the highest levels of member and guest satisfaction
- To optimise the profitability, maintain margins and keep correct stock levels and purchase in line with policy
- To monitor, analyse and report on weekly & monthly P&L accounts against the budgeted income and expenditure
- To be responsible for all aspects of Clubhouse security including its daily opening and closing
- To maintain the upkeep of the clubhouse to include general repairs, cleaning and housekeeping
- To hold regular departmental meetings and ensure relevant product knowledge
- To recruit and retain a quality workforce in liaison with the Club Secretary.
- To monitor the department payroll and roster accordingly as per the business needs.
- To operate the department in a safe manner and complete the fire, health and safety reviews and records in order to be operating legally
The role’s key competencies are:
- Have a personal license and have appropriate experience and qualifications in hospitality, cellar management, food preparation and hygiene.
- To be able to work on own initiative
- Be a team player
- Demonstrate an ability to operate the business within the financial constraints set by the Directors and maximize revenues and profits
- Demonstrate excellent all-round IT and communication skills
- Be friendly and courteous to staff and customers at all times
£28-30k + company benefits depending on qualifications and experience. Unfurnished accommodation is available, 33 days annual leave, including public holidays.
To apply candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake on: email@example.com or 07764 682018
Application Deadline: Monday 25th November 2019