The role supports the Club Manager with the day-to-day operations at the Club and deputises in their absence. This role is a genuine opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career and become a Club Manager in the future. The Club has a stated aim to become the best Member’s Club in the area and is well on the way to achieving this with major improvements to both the Course and Clubhouse over the last 5 years. The Club is financially sound with a full Membership and a long waiting list of aspiring Members. The role attracts a good salary and benefits including pension contributions and will reflect the successful applicant’s potential to develop into a Club Manager in the future.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- To assist with implementing the Club’s Strategic Plan as directed by the Club Manager.
- Answer telephone calls, acting as a filter for the Club Manager and referring any queries as necessary.
- Act as first point of contact in the office for face-to-face member and visitor enquiries.
- Receive and reply to emails coming into the Club’s general email address.
- To attend meetings with Members, Visitors and outside organisations, as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all Statutory and Local Government Regulations, including the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Lead on individual special projects each year to deliver ongoing improvements for the Club.
- Maintain and develop the Club website.
- Lead the Club’s Social Media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with regular updates and features highlighting special occasions at the Club.
- Support, in their year of office, the Men’s and Ladies Captains, and keep the Vice Captains fully informed.
- Be the first point of contact for society, corporate and match bookings.
- Liaise with all Heads of Department to compile and communicate in advance the weekly / monthly programme of events, competitions, matches and functions and distribute to Managers, Catering Franchise, Head Greenkeeper, Hours Manager and Club Professional.
- Organise trophy engraving, board signage and record keeping.
- Meet and greet Societies and other Visitors to the Club.
- Compile and distribute the annual Club diary.
- Administer and publish all external open golfing events.
- Through the Club website and notice boards, ensure that all Club events are promoted to the Members in good time.
- Gain feedback from all users of the Golf Club, including non-member users, on the satisfaction of their visit and report findings to the Club Manager.
- Manage all reciprocals, courtesies and voucher requests.
- Raise all new member invoices and accept payments.
- Administer the yearly membership subscription invoices and payments.
- Administer the monthly subscription direct debit payments.
- Control and reconcile petty cash.
- Report on all Society revenues, develop budgets for Society income and all Visitor and Member Guest Green fees.
- Undertake all daily banking for green fees, bar and catering takings.
- In the Club Manager’s absence authorise bank payments.
The Assistant Club Manager will be expected to:
- Directly assist the Club Manager in ensuring the efficient management of the Club’s affairs and to act as his/her deputy when absent.
- To work on your own initiative with a can-do attitude.
Apart from liaison with the Club Manager you will also be expected to liaise with the Administration team, the Club Catering Franchise, the House Manager, the Head Greenkeeper, Head Professional and any persons appointed by the Board.
Authority & Discretion
As Assistant Club Manager, you will deal with sensitive information and as the terms of this agreement you must treat all club matters with the utmost confidentiality whether at work or offsite.
Applicants should send a CV with covering letter to:
Sand Moor Golf Club