We are currently updating and extending our practice facilities with a driving range and short game area due to open in late 2019 or early 2020 and are in the early stages of planning a 9 hole academy course. The person appointed to this post will be expected to take a significant role in the planning, implementation and operation of both of these projects.
The successful candidate will possess:
- a proven track record of success either in golf club management or a similar sector;
- strong leadership and people management skills;
- an imaginative and creative approach to marketing that will attract new members and maximise visitor income;
- strong financial management skills including budget planning, preparation and control;
- a secure knowledge of bar, catering and pro shop operational management
- a positive outlook and ability to form strong relationships with members, visitors and staff;
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- high levels of resilience and determination;
- an appreciation of the history, traditions and ethos of the game of golf at a premier private members club;
- current knowledge of Human Resources legislation including Employment Law and Health and Safety;
- strong commitment to their own Professional Development and that of other members of staff;
Above all however we are seeking a candidate who will be prepared to act pro-actively and do whatever is required in order to move the club forward. We are offering a competitive salary commensurate with a top 100 golf club.
Applications should be via a full CV (including current position and salary) along with an accompanying letter on no more than two sides of A4 outlining why you feel you are an outstanding candidate for this position. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Sherwood Forest Golf Club
Mansfield (NG18), Mansfield, NG18 3EW