Teignmouth Golf Club is justifiably proud of its heritage. The course was designed by the legendary Dr Alister MacKenzie and opened in 1924, some 9 years before he completed his most famous work at the Augusta National, home of the US Masters.
Teignmouth’s 18 hole moorland links course and modern, well-equipped clubhouse is situated near to the South Devon coast and, at 800 feet above sea level, it commands spectacular views of the River Teign, the Sea and nearby moors.
Operating at an executive level and in accordance with the policies determined by the Board of Directors, the new General Manager will manage all aspects of club business in a highly efficient and effective manner, providing service excellence and meeting the expectations of members, guests and staff.
With a track record of achievement, you will bring innovative thinking, entrepreneurial flair and a keen sense of business acumen to the role. You will work with a modern and progressive Board of Directors that will be supportive and welcoming.
Teignmouth is a great place to live and work and the region has much to offer. For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.teignmouthgolfclub.co.uk
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Well organized and efficient management of administrative and golfing activities.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- Working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration.
- A competent understanding of golf course maintenance processes and procedures.
- Strong leadership, motivation, diplomacy and communication skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- A CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package is available commensurate with the role and a golf club of this prestige and profile. No accommodation but relocation assistance could be provided, if required.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Ian Timberlake – firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Monday 3rd May 2021