The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing and providing day to day direction in all aspects of management of the club facilities, ensuring high standards of service to members and visitors. The General Manager will manage and develop all aspects of the club’s business and in conjunction with the owners, have a clear vision for the club’s strategic direction. He/she will be responsible for all staff.
The role covers sales, basic accounting and budgeting, supporting the established hospitality, food and beverage team, golf operations, course maintenance, customer service, and human resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- General management experience essential including commercial and financial knowledge. Qualification in golf / leisure management useful – GCMA Diploma or CMAE.
- Proven leadership, communication and people skills with the ability to motivate a small team of staff and manage challenging members and visitors.
- Successful track record in sales and marketing including evidence of increased sales growth in a membership organisation.
- Proven ability to achieve objectives set in a changing cost sensitive market.
- IT literate with a knowledge of specific accounting and golf club management software.
- Ability to work unsupervised but with the judgement of knowing when to seek advice.
- Ability to manage own time.
- Strong written and verbal English with ability to write reports.
- An understanding of the game of golf.
- Prior experience in the golf, leisure and hospitality sector would be an advantage.
For more information, please visit our web-site: www.bristolgolfclub.co.uk
A competitive salary & benefits package, commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer. There is NO accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.