The Island Golf Club, founded in 1890, is one of the 10 oldest golf clubs in Ireland. Currently ranked number 8 in the country, this classic links course offers golfers of all abilities a wonderful challenge in breath-taking surroundings. The course is located 15 minutes from Dublin Airport amongst the dramatic dunes of the Broadmeadow Estuary in North County Dublin, Ireland. The Club hosted Regional Qualifying for the Open Championship from 2013-3017 and co-hosted The Amateur Championship in 2019.
This long-established and prestigious private members’ club is seeking a highly motivated General Manager with proven management experience and commercial acumen to deliver on the recently approved strategic plan and ensure the smooth running of the golf club for the benefit of members and visitors.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club, in line with the new strategic plan, and carry out policies laid down by the Committee.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Motivating and leading a team of staff at all levels to achieve Club objectives.
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
- Developing and delivering the Clubs Sales and Marketing activity
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record of providing 5* service excellence to members and visitors.
- Proven management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- IT skills with a detailed understanding of golf specific membership, handicaps and diary management, together with Sage accounting systems and software.
- First class communication, leadership, motivation and diplomacy skills.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
For more information, please visit our website: www.theislandgolfclub.ie
- A competitive salary & benefits package will be offered to reflect the importance of this position. There is NO accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – e: firstname.lastname@example.org or m: 07764 682018, no later than Monday 19th August 2019