WEGC is looking for an experienced manager, with demonstrable financial acumen, relevant skills and enthusiasm to lead the company. We are embarking on an exciting development of a new driving range and 900sqm short game area which will be available in Spring 2021. We are seeking an entrepreneurial/commercial approach to develop for the benefit of the membership the opportunities that our course, location and clubhouse provide. The successful applicant must also have the IT agility to fully leverage our ClubSystems software.
These skills need to be blended with a proven track record that can bring together the different elements of club management to create a service excellence culture and a one- team mentality. The General Manager is responsible to the Board, and reports to the Chairperson as their line manager.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- High financial literacy and excellent IT system skills.
- Leadership and the ability to manage a small team with differing functions.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of growing revenue streams whilst controlling costs.
- Appreciation of golf and expectations/traditions of a members’ club as well as a proven track record of leading a successful change programme in a similar type of environment.
- Exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills, with a focus on a diplomatic style of communication and ability to relate to people of all backgrounds.
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the position, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Inspiring a culture of service excellence and delivering a great customer experience for members and visitors alike.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law, HSE and other regulations, applicable to club management and small companies.
For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.westessexgolfclub.co.uk
Remuneration: A competitive salary + benefits package commensurate with the experience & skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – email@example.com or +44 (0) 7764 682018
Application deadline: Friday 30th October 2020