We are looking for an experienced, pro-active, and passionate General Manager who will support the establishment of a business culture in the Club. The chosen applicant must be able to share the Members vision of the future, bringing determination and experience to create a transformation plan. They will then lead the delivery of that plan as the first phase of transformation.
- Operations – ensuring all functions working effectively and are co-ordinated. i.e. Club Office, bar and catering, and Course Manager through direct line responsibility. Including the Golf Pro create an one team approach to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Club.
- Finance – operational reporting and future planning including cashless system
- Transition – preparing the clubhouse /office to move to the new premises in Spring 2020
- Business development – developing a marketing/communications function, attracting new members and societies.
* There are Lead members for the above priorities who will support the General Manager.
The role is hands-on and requires a combination of ‘golf course’ understanding, excellent interpersonal skills plus an absolute focus on delivering to expectations. You will thrive working in the Member environment where the need to prioritise and manage multiple tasks to defined objectives is key, whilst being diplomatic and inclusive.
You should have the ambition to push the levels of attainment in every area that go to building the known standing and reputation of Whittington Heath GC on the regional and national scenes. You should be a proven leader of teams of people plus be able to work within the management team, for the greater good of the Club.
You will be confident, knowledgeable about the game of Golf and be able to build successful relationships with Members, visitors, stakeholders and contractors.
Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- 5-10 years’ of General Manager experience and relevant experience in hospitality, marketing and communications
- Strong reputation for excellent delivery in managing a comparable golf club
- Professional qualifications suitable for this senior position.
- Be familiar with the workings of a members’ owned Golf Club
- Have the ability/experience to handle different situations in a calm and positive manner.
- You have the ability and experience to inspire a team of people, all with differing outlooks and ambitions, to achieve the objectives set by the Club.
- You should have a high standard of professionalism with strong (and clear) written and verbal communication skills both internally and with third parties.
- You have a methodical approach, an eye for detail and be committed to delivering to the highest standard.
- A competitive salary & benefits package will be offered to reflect the importance of this position. There is NO accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter, in strictest confidence, highlighting your motivation for seeking the post and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.
Please contact Ian Timberlake – e: email@example.com or m: 07764 682018, no later than Friday 21st June 2019